Information Needs Intelligence
Reduce. Categorize. Investigate. Gaining understanding is the cornerstone of Sandline’s eDiscovery process. Central to that is our process of performing Review – the practice of mining the data for the facts that support your theory of your matter. Our approach is designed to focus on understanding, rather than simply completing a review.Our focus on knowledge and our prioritization of the use of analytics makes our review process both effective and efficient. It gives clients greater insight into their matters, while reducing the burden and the time of gaining that understanding.
What sets us apart:
- Integrated Operational Service Lines (Forensics, PM, Review) – all of our service delivery steps are tied together by workflows and our management platform, making for lossless transitions from one phase of the eDiscovery process to the next.
- Outcome oriented – our goal is to discover meaning in the data rather than simply offering sub-contractor staff.
- Technology integration and innovation focused – at every step we thoughtfully employ off-the-shelf analytics along with our own technology to accelerate review.
- ECA serves to help us discover the composition of a dataset and informs all steps we take with that data going forward. During ECA, we examine the data for both its structural characteristics and the basics of its content in order to help scope downstream processes designed to create a meaningful work product for our client.
- Differentiators –
- Expert Search & Retrieval – an undervalued service that maps our attorney managers’ understanding of case strategy and deep experience exploring large ESI data sets.
- Reporting as a top level product to demonstrate transparency of process and provide a clear picture of data features in an ESI corpus. Have confidence in what you cull.
- Multi-technology platforms available – NexLP, Relativity analytics, custom solutions or old-school search and retrieval.
- Every document set needs to be separated into the relevant and the irrelevant. This most basic process of review serves to save time and money on the part of all parties by removing data that is of no utility to anyone in the matter. Reviewing, categorizing and reporting on data on this scale of utility is one of the functions of Sandline Review.
- Differentiators –
- Flexible process to account for any review type, but standardized for proven efficiency and consistency
- Reports with valuable and actionable information
- Review protocol consulting [Add to other bullets]
- Continuous data-driven optimization
- Communications focused for collaborative process improvement
The Investigation phase is designed to surface the meaningful facts, themes, patterns and documents within a set. Investigate is an integrated process of professional review attorneys and technology which allows us to deeply mine data sets and produce summaries and reports which reveal the crucial facts for our clients, telling the story of their matters in a way which has true utility in case preparation.
- Differentiators –
- Investigate is THE differentiator – Most of our competitors stop their process after success at the Categorize phase. We go the further step of employing Investigate. When you approach a matter, the questions aren’t “how many documents are responsive, or confidential, or deal with topic X?” Your questions are “does the information in the data tend to show that my theories of the matter are correct? Does it show that they can be (dis)proven?” With Investigate, Sandline aims to provide those answers. Rather than simply discarding the accumulated knowledge of a team of attorneys who have spent hundreds of hours in the data, and the review manager who managed that process, we aggregate and condense the knowledge into reporting that goes to your case team. This drastically reduces the amount of time and cognitive effort it takes for them to synthesize a reviewed data set into the meaningful positions and statements needed to properly handle pretrial tasks like depositions and motion practice.